God sees us the way I see this little orphan!
I suppose the same analogy can be used for adopted children, but in my case God chose to teach me through this little dog that I rescued from a shelter a few months ago.
I have realised that he is just a pleasure to be with and that I love him for no reason.
1. He adopted us as His own. He lets us live in his house.
“See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!” (1 John 3:1)
2. He doesn’t remember where we came from
“.. as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.” (Psalm 103:12)
3. He washed us, put new clothes on us and gave us a new name
“But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7)
4. He knows all our needs
“But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.” (Matt. 10:27-31).
5. He is quick to forget when we do something wrong
” The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.” (Psalm 145:8)
6. He will keep on feeding and caring for His children
“I created you and have cared for you since before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime–until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you.” (Isaiah 46:3-4)
7. He likes spoiling us.
“He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6)
8. He loves me even though there’s nothing I can do for Him.
“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
9. It is unnecessary for us to worry
“God cares for you, so turn all your worries over to him.” (1 Peter 5:7)
10. He likes it when I spend time with him. The more we enjoy His company, the more we enjoy special favour from Him!